Soaking in a bath is not just something we do purely to clean ourselves, it’s a ritual that many of us practice for rejuvenation and relaxation. When the gloomy weather gets you down or you’re dealing with stress, one of the best ways to escape from everything is to take a long, hot aromatherapy bath containing relaxing and revitalizing mineral salts & essential oils.
Baths Soaking is a Century old tradition and ritual…
The ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans really understood the powerful, therapeutic healing properties of plain water and took advantage of this at every available opportunity. The Romans developed the art of bathing into a national pastime by building highly sophisticated public baths known as Thermae.
In each building would be three pools; hot, lukewarm and cold which were respectively known as the caldarium, tepidarium and frigidarium. Sometimes there would also be a steam bath, which was called the sudatorium.
The ‘water cure’ was common term for the Greek healing tradition comprising of several therapies which made skillful use of waters healing power;
- Hydrotherapy – techniques of therapeutic bathing and use of water
- Balneotherapy – therapeutic bathing in medicinal and thermal springs
- Thalassotherapy – the therapeutic use of ocean bathing and marine product
Like the ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans, we shouldn’t underestimate the therapeutic power of an aromatherapy bath. Afterall it is one of the best (and easiest) ways to unwind and enjoy the healing benefits of Essential Oils.
Serenity Blends Aromatherapy Bath Salts contain the following ingredients:
Did you know that Epsom salt is not actually a salt? It’s a naturally occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate. Studies have shown that magnesium and sulfate are both readily absorbed through the skin, making Epsom salt baths an easy and ideal way to enjoy the amazing health benefits
Benefits of Epsom Salt:
- Soothes sore & achy muscles
- Helps draw toxins out of the body
- Helps improve the absorption of nutrients
- Helps with sleep by producing melatonin and calming neurotransmitters
Pink Himalayan Salt
Himalayan Salt helps to extract the toxins out of your skin and tissues. The minerals in the salt assists the body to recharge, boosting metabolism and triggering its self-healing powers.
Benefits of Himalayan Salt:
- Powerful detoxifier for the skin and connective tissues
- Promotes hydration and helps heal irritated skin
- Provides relief to cramped and sore muscles
- Helps body absorb vital minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, copper, calcium, manganese, iron and sodium
Baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate, provides a naturally alkaline substance that’s also known for helping to remove toxins.
Benefits of Baking Soda:
- Helps balance alkaline levels and fights body odours
- Helps promote better circulation and calms inflammation
- Helps treat eczema and itchy, irritated skin
- Contains Antibacterial and Anti-fungal properties
Lavender Essential Oil
We could talk about Lavender and why it's one of our most favourite and popular ingredients all day! But in addition to it's lovely scent, Lavender Essential Oils also:
- Provides stress relief, and boosts mood
- Helps combat insomnia
- Eases muscle tension and headaches
- Calms irritated skin
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Another ingredient that has been used for centuries!
- Relieves aches and pains in the joints and muscles
- Provides respiratory relief, loosening mucous which promotes easier breathing
- Helps reduce inflammation and boosts immunity
- Promotes healthy skin and hair
Dried Lavender Buds
Especially for our Bath Salts, the lavender buds provide a beautiful aesthetic and touch of luxury to the bath salt experience.
- Contains antioxidants and cleansing properties which improve the skin
- Contains a strong floral scent that is relaxing and calming
- Provides for a luxurious and therapeutic bath experience